Her name means "God has answered" and boy did He! Elliana came into this world on Monday, January 23, 2012 and changed our lives immediately for the better. She is a perfect blessing. God used a very painful season of miscarriage and years of longing for a child to bring us to a point of submission and acceptance. An acceptance that His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts (thankfully! because His ways and His thoughts are PERFECT and ours...well, ours have good intentions). He knew all along that Elli was our daughter and I am so thankful for the wonderful gift of adoption and for her birth mother who performed such a selfless act of love to give this precious girl the life God had set out for her from the beginning.
Now that you have seen how incredibly precious my girl is I totally understand if you want to go adopt babies and to that I say...DO IT! :)
Do I think every single person is called to adopt, of course not...but guys...He is calling His people and just maybe He is calling you...And, for the record, it is a ginormous blessing! If you have any questions about our adoption or just about adoption in general (I only know our experience with domestic adoption, but I am always more than happy to talk about it) then please ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment